ZEVAv Selective Soldering Machine
The ZEVAv is designed for high volume selective soldering with Multiwave and Selectwave capabilities. Patented Bridge Prevention Technology, maintenance-free non-wettable nozzles, and the ability to implement product changes and maintenance without interrupting production result in high yields and cost effective production.
ZEVA's patented Bridge Prevention Technology acts as a hot nitrogen knife to ensure bridge-free soldering. The technology is designed to ensure stable wave dynamics and improve thermal solderability. Nitrogen temperature and velocity are separately adjustable. Bridge Prevention is a critical feature for robust fine-pitch soldering.
ZEVAv accommodates up to three Multiwave solder pots. Patented side flow technology achieves a stable solder temperature without overflowing. Fine pitch soldering is possible with the use of screens or wettable strips in combination with a unique nitrogen cover system.
Extractable solderpots enable product changes during production and improve ergonomics. Operator and maintenance interventions can be executed during manufacturing. The machine’s architecture allows it to accommodate the appropriate setting to match each individual application.
Flux and solder can be added without interrupting manufacturing via side access.
Patented convection preheating provides the best heat transfer to address the most complex thermal requirements. ZEVAv accommodates up to 5 preheat stations.
The ZEVAv is designed for high volume selective soldering with Multiwave and Selectwave capabilities in a small footprint package. It’s what you need today to meet the growing challenges of high yields, cost effective production and process control. ZEVA offers patented Bridge Prevention Technology for the Selectwave that prevents bridges from ever forming. Bridge Prevention Technology enables the use of maintenance-free non-wettable nozzles for more consistent soldering results over time. High frequency fluxing technology provides the most accurate process to answer the highest quality challenges. ZEVAv can accommodate up to three Multiwave solder pots with patented side flow technology for stable solder temperature without overflowing. Operator and maintenance interventions can be executed during manufacturing.
Benefits and Features
- Solderpot sized have been decreased as much as possible resulting in lower power consumption, lower solder usage and less solder waste in the form of dross formation.
- Power management has been implemented to eliminate peeks in energy consumption.
- Preheat elements are mounted parallel to the transport direction and can be switched off in case they are not required for the board in production.
- Nitrogen atmosphere has been optimized in order to reduce nitrogen consumption, reduce the formation of dross, reduce flux consumption and increase the first pass yield.
ZEVAv multi-wave nozzles are plated with a coating that will withstand lead free solder for several years. Fine pitch (1.8mm) applications are made possible with the use of bridge prevention screens in combination with a unique nitrogen cover system and the patented side flow design reduces the keep out zone.
- Standard offline programming software
- Program without using machine capacity
- Automatic snap function aligning program over through-hole
- Automatic calibration, process proposal, and flux volume calculation
- Uses .DXF, Gerber or pixel based input
Active and precise control of PCB temperature. with automatic adjustment of lamp power to reach desired temperature at the end of the preheat cycle. Improved process control and board to board repeatability with no additional cycle time.
ZEVA’s high frequency drop jet fluxer delivers a wider range of flux droplets, increased accuracy, and faster cycle times. Closed loop flux volume control is available for even greater consistency and traceability. Clogging is reduced with a larger 180µm hole dimension and an optional second flux tank allows refilling without stopping of production.
- Barcode integration allows automatically selection of correct program
- Management Information System saves all set and actual values of a specific soldered product into a log file
- Linking barcode and management information provides full traceability
- Connectivity to host computer and Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES)
Patented Selectwave Bridge Prevention Technology acts as a hot nitrogen knife to prevent bridging for small pitch up to 1mm (40mil) pin to pin distance, even with longer leads and increased drag speed. The technology is designed to ensure stable wave dynamics and improve thermal solderability. Nitrogen temperature and velocity are separately adjustable.
Click here to watch video
The Selectwave solderpot provides point-to-point or drag soldering with a rotating nozzle to reduce cycle time. The solderpot is covered to minimize nitrogen consumption and dross formation.
- Hold critical components in position
- Holding function for non-planar boards
- Cooling temperature sensitive components